Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"The Waiting Game"- circa November 19, 2007

Just another peek into my life one year ago today! By the way... happy 15th birthday to my cousin Jasmine!

Just a QUICK update since I am falling asleep... i was up from 2:00 a.m. til roughly 5:30 a.m. with major cramping =(


Just 3 days away from my due date! As of today at my doctor's appointment I am nearly 2 cm dilated and 50 % effaced, which is definite progress from my last few appointments. My doctor doesn't think the baby will be here prior to Thursday but that's okay with me. I'd love to have one last peaceful Thanksgiving (and shopping on Black Friday, I"ll admit!) I'm SUPPOSED to go for more fetal monitoring on Saturday just to make sure my baby is moving okay, but I have half a mind to skip out on it. A) I know my baby is moving a TON; I feel this is very unneccessary and B) this test is not covered under our hospital agreement unless I happen to go into labor during the monitoring session and it is rather expensive. We have yet to receive the bill for last week's monitoring and i'm NOT looking forward to seeing it!

My doctor said that if the baby isn't here by the 29th (one week past due date) then we will discuss induction for that day or Friday the 30th. These details will be confirmed at my appointment next Monday, should I still be pregnant then (I hope I"m not!) I'd LOVE to go into labor on my own but don't want to go too much past my due date, and know that it's best for my baby to be out of me after one week of being overdue because the living environment of the uterus isn't as suitible the further you get from your due date. One week to one and a half weeks is okay; anything past that starts to lessen the amount of fluids (and space!) available. He doesn't want to induce any earlier than the 29th to give my cervix a chance to dilate/efface as much on it's own as possible so that the induction process won't be as long or painful.

Please keep us in your prayers! I"ll keep things posted, I promise! Oh and if you'd like to be included in a mass text message for when I go to the hospital and deliver, feel free to email me your cell number at erin.e.castillo@gmail.com

Happy turkey week everyone!

No comments: