Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I need a neck massage!

Every bone in my body hurts right now. So unbelievingly tired. My very gracious parents offered to take Jeremiah for the day so I could clean and cook, and that's exactly what I did! Spent the entire morning cleaning and starting to make my muffins, then after Marissa and I had lunch at the Rocky Cola Cafe in Uptown, we came back to my house to do more of the same. She made some fall shaped sugar cookies; I cleaned the kitchen, chopped the veggies for the stuffing and made my sweet potatoes. I've been cleaning non stop since she left.

No, I didn't make it out to get Jeremiah's outfit today... bummer. This is not a weekend for rest and relaxation. Blech

Anyway, sorry this isn't a more interesting update; I just basically came on to post my post for a year ago today. Enjoy!

4 Days Late (doctor update!)
Circa November 26, 2007

I just got back from seeing good ol' Dr. Lee. The first thing he asked me was if I would like to be induced on Wednesday. Of course I said YES!! He checked the heartbeat, everything sounded good. Then came my internal examination.

Dr. Lee decided that I'm not as dilated, effaced and "dropped" as he would like for induction. He COULD induce me on Wednesday or Thursday, but it would be an even longer, drawn out process. It is better to go into the induction with a well-thinned cervix (I'm still only 50 percent), as dilated as possible (still around 1 1/2 cm....) and with the baby as low as possible (I'm still at a -2 station, with a station of 0 being ready to push. -1 station is ideal for induction). The results? Go in for MANDATORY fetal monitoring tomorrow and Friday ... and if Baby Castillo isn't here by Monday, then Louis and I get to go to the hospital at the glorious hour of 5 a.m. on Monday, December 3rd to induce, no matter what. Dr. Lee and I are still hoping for an un-induced labor, which in all probability will happen, but just in case we are backing up by scheduling the induction. Neither he nor I want to go past a week and a half late.

Looks like Louis and I MIGHT get one more Sunday morning to cuddle in bed!!!

No comments: