Monday, November 24, 2008

Catching Up

Should have posted yesterday's "peek in the past" but I was just too exhausted! On Saturday night my most wonderfullest almost-sister came over for a night of scrapbooking (well, technically she worked on making these super-duper cute table number cards for her wedding, but it was kind of a scrapbooking project), and yesterday was Thanksgiving with the Billheimer's at my grandpa's house. I wanted to have my dishes prepared on Saturday night so I would be able to relax Sunday morning before we went, but that just did not happen. I got the jello salad done (which HAD to be done the day before so it could set!) but the sweet potatoes and pumpkin dessert got put off until yesterday. I was up at 6:30 a.m. when Jeremiah woke up so that I could head over to Ralphs, purchase the sweet potatoes (yes I forgot to get them!) and cooked until 10:30.

The Thanksgiving "dinner" (more like lunch b/c it was at 2:00) was delicious. I think Cinder, my grandpa's Black Lab, thoroughly enjoyed Jeremiah's portion of the meal. I was trying to get him to eat turkey chunks and green beans, but he is going through a very picky phase, where he only wants to self-feed crackers, bread or cheese. Everything else gets thrown to the floor, or pulled out of his mouth if sneaky Mommy tries to hide it in his pureed veggies. Cinder was very appreciative, because seeing as the next-youngest member of our family is nearly 15 years old, "oopses" don't happen very often anymore. I missed my grandma a lot. However, she was still with us! We made her dishes, I brought our sweet potatoes and pineapple in one of her favorite blue casserole dishes, and I used her KitchenAid mixer. When she was in the hospital, I was joking to her that I hoped that my Uncle Ken from VA would bring me a KitchenAid mixer the next day when he arrived (he and my Aunt Jeannie worked at Bed, Bath and Beyond). My grandma asked if I had one, and I said no but I was dying to get one; just didn't have $300 lying around to spend on one. She then told me that she would love for me to have hers; it was only a year or two old and she hardly ever had the chance to use it, as long as I thought of her every time I used it. Yesterday was the first opportunity I had to pull it out. Your wish was granted, Grandma!

It's a busy week- Thanksgiving day on Thursday; Jeremiah's party on Saturday. I'm getting tired just thinking about all that I have left to do. Anyway, I was hoping that my almost one-year-old son would actually take an afternoon nap, but he's wailing like a banshee in his crib. The picky lil booger refused to eat more than two bites of his lunch nor drink his afternoon sippy, so I had a feeling this might happen. I'm going to go retrieve him. Enjoy what should have been yesterday's post as well as todays!

One Day Late
Circa November 23, 2007
Still not a mama! I got my turkey, I went shopping (twice!), and I'm all ready for Little Castillo to make his or her grand entrance. Who knows when that will be....

Skipping out on the fetal monitoring tomorrow. It's way too expensive and my baby is moving constantly. I'll have a better idea Monday as to when my baby will arrive (if he or she isn't here by then!) at my regular appointment.

Hope everyone had a great turkey day!

2 Days Late
Circa November 24, 2007
Well I went shopping twice again today (Michaels for Lindsey's Christmas present, and then for 2 hours at this Christmas boutique with my mom and grandma) and still nada! I am definitely tired from all this walking around but that's about it! I didn't go to the fetal monitoring today and I'm feeling really good about that decision. If it were something urgent my doctor would have had me go in for it right away rather than telling me I could wait until Saturday to do it. I'll see him on Monday anyway.

I'm just about done with my Christmas shopping. I just have my father, Uncle Tom, cousin Mitchell, my mother in law, and my husband to shop for, but I have to take Louis with me for his present. We're getting him a new stereo system for his car and he needs to show me the ones he wants and then take them to a customer of his to get them installed. I'm probably going to get him a few more little things to unwrap under the tree. OH! I still have the BABY to shop for! I have a few little books and toys for him or her, but the main thing he or she is getting is genderized clothes.

That's about all for now... hopefully next time I update I'll be a mom!

No comments: