Tuesday, November 25, 2008

So much to do!

Tonight I was dead-set on finishing up my Thanksgiving shopping. However, looks like I'll be hitting the stores tomorrow with every other last-minute shopper! This wasn't entirely my fault; Ralphs ran out of mushrooms and are getting a delivery tomorrow. They also didn't have a few of the spices I needed for my stuffing left in stock. I could have gone across the street to Staters, but it was getting late and Jeremiah was ready for dinner.

I also realized as I was giving Jeremiah his bath tonight that I do not have his birthday party outfit. I found a really cute boy Elmo first birthday shirt, pants and crown at Babies r Us a month or two ago,but held off on purchasing it because I wanted to be sure of Jeremiah's size. Looks like that's going to be another stop tomorrow, because there is NO WAY that I want to brace Toys r Us (the one by us has a built in Babies r Us) on Black Friday, the day before his party. NO WAY.

Tomorrow Marissa is coming over to go to lunch with Jer and I (and to Toys r Us, although she doesn't know that yet :) ) and to help me start cooking. I want to have my muffins baked and my sweet potato casserole put together, as well as have all the veggies chopped for the stuffing. Oh, and bake four dozen cupcakes for Jeremiah's party and freeze them. Monique's friend Rossy is helping me put together a cupcake-cake on Friday. She used to own a bakery and makes out of this world cakes and cake designs. Praise God our oven isn't being delivered until Friday! I just hope my oven is capable of handling a turkey cooking all day long in it. I haven't ran the oven for more than an hour, and I noticed that a lot of times, things take longer to cook than the projected time. God is in control...

Anyway, here's tonight's installment of "A Peek in the Past." I'm off to continue scrubbing down our house. Thank goodness in 48 hours, dinner will be over and hopefully our guests will be just about ready to leave. Goodnight!

"Three Days Late"
Circa November 25, 2007
It dawned on Louis and I this morning that he and the baby are going to have birthdays rather close to one another. If I have the baby on Friday, he or she will be exactly one week apart from my wonderful Marissa, exactly two weeks apart from his or her daddy, and two weeks and one day apart from my best friend! The holidays are going to be busy busy busy for us.

Everything's still calm on the contraction front. The contractions I've been getting are so far apart and irregular that they're not even worth timing. This is both good and bad- bad because I am so anxious to go into labor naturally without an induction; good because then I won't get my hopes up if I get yet another round of false labor (so far I've had two). There is really nothing worse than timing contractions for over an hour, having them get stronger, longer and more regular, thinking you're about ready to head off to the hospital, and then WHAM! Everything stops!

So I'm kind of getting sick of hearing "you're STILL pregnant?!" It's like gee, thanks, just another reminder that I haven't had my baby yet. I'm really thankful that my relatives have been calling my grandma to inquire about the baby's progress and not me or my mom; they have been leaving us alone Although you better believe that as soon as I have the baby my grandma is going to whip out her cell phone and start the phone chain hehe.

Sundays are mine and Louis's day together. It's really really wierd thinking that this is our LAST Sunday to sleep in until 10, have a leisurely breakfast, go out to lunch, and then come to his office to fool around online (and make out like teenagers, I'll admit! ) without having to worry about a little one. Things are going to be way better when the baby comes, but way different at the same time. We'll see what our new life brings....

Hopefully I'll have some more progress tomorrow at the doctor's... not like it really matters; I've been dilating for over a month now and still haven't gone into labor! This baby will come when he or she is good and ready.

No comments: