Friday, November 7, 2008

Oh, November!

Okay, so technically Thanksgiving is still three weekends away, but already I can feel the holiday crunch beginning. I think I have something planned EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND (mostly Saturdays) between now and Christmas. Curious what's on our agenda? Here it goes!
*This weekend:
Nothing pressing for tomorrow (thank God.) Sunday I am going to a craft boutique that one of my mom's customers is putting on.

Next weekend (November 15th-16th)
DISNEYLAND WITH ANNA on Saturday!!!

November 22
Thanksgiving dinner with my dad's side of the family. Our first Thanksgiving without my wonderful Grandma Arlene. I'm bringing three of her old favorites- pumpkin dessert (like pie but without a crust and topped with yellow cake crumbles), cranberry jello salad, and sweet potatoe casserole. Mom's trying the turkey and her famous stuffing. My grandmother's recipes (and my great grandma's) don't really give precise measurements; just "a pinch of this" or "a little of that," or my personal favorite... GO FOR IT! We'll see what happens... After dinner, my wonderful future sister in law is coming back to my house to scrapbook the night away with me :)

November 22- THANKSGIVING DAY! Our first time hosting it in our new home. It will be interesting getting the two sides of the family together to celebrate this holiday, as both sides have completely different traditions for food. Rice and beans for my in-laws, various veggie dishes for my side that my husband and in-laws won't touch. I"m so excited for the chance to throw this huge holiday shindig! Then two days later...

November 29- Jeremiah's first birthday party! So far we've only had a few RSVP's back. As expected, not everyone is coming b/c it's a holiday weekend but we're still getting a very good turn out

December 2- Jeremiah's first birthday! Going to Disneyland

December 6- a huge day. Our little neighbor across the street is having her first b-day at Chuck E Cheese, and my mom's having another open house at her shop, featuring one of her major artists coming to teach a lesson. I'm supposed to be at both places... and I have a feeling my cousin Paul is having his usual holiday bash at his Huntington Harbor house that night- celebrating Rayna's birthday, and taking his boat out to see all of his neighbor's decorated back porches around the harbor.

December 14- My wonderful hubby's birthday! (And possibly the day we celebrate my cousin Rebecca's 15th birthday, which is on the 17th. Her cousin's birthday is on Louis's birthday, and they usually combine their birthdays. Hopefully they do it hte following weekend).

December 20-21: If Rebecca's birthday party isn't that weekend, I'm hoping to snag her to help me decorate cookies and wrap presents. Although I do kind of hope her party is this weekend so I can attend and meet her new little boyfriend... hehehe. One of those two days I am also having little Natalie and Jacob over to decorate cookies as well. I love baking.

So there you go....

This season is definitely one of my favorites. But seeing how busy (and costly!) it is, I"m so not eager to have another holiday baby, unless God has that in His plan for us! Hopefully I will survive my first holiday season as a Mommy! I don't really count last year because Jeremiah was only around for a little bit of it.

No comments: