Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day!


(Photos in this blog courtesy of my wonderful cousin, Rebecca!)

So yesterday was Valentines Day! Valentines has never been a huuge holiday for us, so I was not surprised when I didn't wake up to flowers and chocolate and a card. However, I was rather annoyed that Louis didn't let me sleep in; rather he got to sleep in. I was exhausted. We had to be at my grandma's house to set up Louis's computer equipment for Joe and Lindsey's engagement party by 12:30 for the 1:00 start time. Louis was going to play DJ for the day. Anyway, I was in a rather bad mood from not being able to sleep in, and the fact that it took Louis 3 (yes 3!) hours to pick up his speakers from his mom's house (10 min away). Little did I know that he was also getting a haircut... and flowers for me! A beautiful half dozen bouquet of red roses. As soon as he walked in the door and I saw those gorgous flowers my bad mood disappeared. I love getting flowers! And I love my sweet husband, and felt guilty for being annoyed when he was really just doing nice things for me. I love the way he looks after a fresh haircut.

Anyway, we had a good time at the party. The food was delicoius! My mom hired the same caterer that we hired for Jeremiah's bday party, except rather than having a taco station, she ordered fajitas. MMM. Plus all those yummy appetizers that we got at Costco the day before. My brother and Lindsey liked (I hope!) the gifts we got them. I swear I always deliberate long and hard before buying presents and then worry that people I give them to don't like them! I got them a photo collage they had on their registry,a nd also a cute chip and dip bowl.

We were planning on going to the Steak Corral with Jeremiah after the party (last Valentines was the first time we had gone), but it was nearly 6:30 when we left the party and we were stuffed, so we just went home. After we put Jeremiah to bed, Louis and I watched "A Walk to Remember" on TV in candlelight. Very romantic =) Not one of my all-time favorite romantic movies, but it was the one we watched on our very first Valentines day. In a drive-in movie theater. So romantic =) So when we found out it was on TV last night, it was very easy to decide what to watch. Tonight we are dropping Jeremiah off at Grandma Bertha's house while Louis and I go to the Outback for dinner! yay for date nights!
Anyway, here are a few pictures from the engagement party:
The Bride and Groom- my handsome brother and future sis!
Jer playing w/ Daddy's glasses

1 comment:

Cara said...

Jeremiah is an absolute doll! Seriously lovin' those little cheeks! It sounds like you guys had an awesome weekend :)