Monday, February 23, 2009

5:00 A.M.

That is the time that my alarm went off this morning, determined to get dressed, refreshed and have some time to myself before Rayna drops off Sydney at 6:45 a.m. for my first day of babysitting. Lets just say that I reset my alarm for 5:30 shortly after it went off, and here I am, 15 min. later, dressed, teeth brushed, and watching Apollo 13, praying that Jeremiah stays asleep til his normal 6:15-6:30 time. Even though I'm exhausted right now at this very early hour, I'm also very glad that I took my mother's advice about getting up earlier than I planned to get some "me" time.

Anyway, so yes today starts my big babysitting adventure! Today and tomorrow are half-days; Sydney will be picked up around 12:30. Wednesday starts full-days where I will have her until 3:30ish. Honestly, I have NO clue what it's going to be like watching an almost 4- month old and an almost 15-month old child. I brought out Jeremiah's bouncy seat and some of his old infant toys that I had packed away, and tonight I am going to pick up his swing and play mats from my mother in law's house. She is storing them for us in her garage since ours is being used for Louis's office. From what Rayna was telling me, Syndey is a lot like Jeremiah was at that age, taking cat naps here and there (20 min being a long one!) and loves to be held. I'm sure my blog is going to be filled with lots of hair-raising stories about how my days have been spent!

To make things just a little bit more interesting (because, honestly, isn't normal boring?) this afternoon I am picking up my parent's dog, Candy, to dog-sit for the next three or four days. My parents leave for Vegas tonight for a convention for their business. My brother is going very early tomorrow (try 5 am) after he gets off of work at Target, to help set up the booth, and will come home late that night/early morning. So he won't be around to watch her, let her out and feed her. Now I LOVE my dog to pieces, and so does Jeremiah, but two babies and a dog? Especially when our back yard isn't completely fenced in? Going to be slightly complicated!

Anyway, on Saturday Louis and I went to Paul and Rayna's house for some fantastic homemade sushi and an afternoon of spending time with my cousins. Afterwards, Louis took Jeremiah home and Marissa and I got to spend an evening together! We stayed in Huntington Beach where Paul and Rayna live, and went to Whole Foods for a smoothie, then saw "Confessions of a Shopaholic." Not the most intelectually stimulating movie, but it kept us entertained for two hours. Then we hit up Taco Surf for dinner! Mmmmm. She's coming over tonight so that we can watch the Bachelor finale together. Crossing my fingers for Melissa!!

Anyway, going to get a quick bite to eat. I'll update more as I have time!

1 comment:

Cara said...

Good luck with Sydney & Jeremiah! It will be no time at all before you guys have a routine down & having two little ones will become a breeze for you!