Sunday, February 8, 2009

Home Safe and Sound

Jeremiah and I got back from Phoenix around 2:30 this afternoon, safe and sound, without any major incidents. While my grandma flat-out refused to give up her car keys the entire drive over on Friday (and it's not like my aunt and I didn't try- repeatedly- to let us drive!), I am praising God that the rain we encountered only lasted up until we reached West Covina, 20 min. into our trip. God had His hands in our drive because, even though it's pretty much a straight trip on the 10, my grandma isn't the most skilled driver as of late. I prayed a LOT. Jeremiah did surprisingly well in the car. Scratch that- he did EXCELLENT. A two hour nap before we reached Blythe (a little more than halfway) and didn't have any real meltdowns until shortly before we got off the freeway to reach my cousin Mike's house. My cousin Jasmine (15 yrs old- daughter of Mike) very graciously gave up her bedroom for Jeremiah and I so that we didn't have to share the basement with my grandma and aunt Jenny. He was so tired that it didn't even matter that he slept in his play pen; he conked out for the entire night, hugging his bear, and then woke up mesmerized with Jasmine's bright, colorful room, her ceiling fan and the closet mirror doors. On the way home my grandma let me drive when we reached Blythe, and Jeremiah was just fine until the last 20 min. Halleluliah. He had such a fun time playing with his cousins, their toys, and seeing the huge geese and ducks that made home in the park where Cheyenne's birthday party was held. He also got a kick out of playing in the jumper with me and swatting bubbles from the huge bubble machine that Mike bought for the party. I had such a wonderful time catching up with my older cousins Paul and his wife Rayna, Mike and his wife Stacy, and my Uncle Bob and Aunt Madeline. We don't see everyone nearly often enough, even though Mike and Stacy are the only ones residing in Phoenix; the rest not too far from where I live. And I just LOVED spending some quality time with Sydney, Paul and Rayna's daughter. Turns out I'm going to be babysitting her starting in two weeks when Rayna goes back to work! I can't wait!! Bummer- I forgot to take my camera out of my duffel bag, so sadly I have no pictures from this fun filled weekend.

This week:
Monday and Tuesday- helping out at my mom's shop, last minute preparations with my mom for my brother and Lindsey's engagement party (Saturday!) There is SO much left to be done
Wednesday- Disneyland! (Surprise surprise). Michelle and her husband will be there with Braden, and we might meet up for a few rides. I won't be staying the whole day
Thursday- Mom's shop, more preparations, purchase engagement party present
Friday- set up for the engagement party (held at my grandma's house)
Saturday- Valentines day and the engagement party!
Sunday- Valentines date with Louis. I feel bad asking anyone to babysit on the holiday so we will go out on the 15th.

1 comment:

Cara said...

Erin-I have been catching up on your posts & I am so sorry to hear about the baby. I know how emotionally draining that can be-you are in my prayers. It sounds like you & baby boy have stayed plenty busy with Disneyland & traveling! Take Care