Thursday, February 19, 2009

Things are about to change =)

I apologize for my lack of blogging lately. This week has certainly been a busy one for me! Starting on Monday I will be babysitting sweet Sydney (almost 4 months old) 5 days a week for 3 week shifts- three weeks on then 3 weeks off. Because of that, I've been doing my best to get this house in tip top order! I prefer to spend most of my time playing and interacting with my son rather than scrubbing the house all day, every day. Thus, my house is neat but not spotless, and not as organized as I would like it. However, if I were sending my son to somebody's house on a consistent basis for child care, I'd want that house to sparkle! I want to provide that kind of atmosphere for little Sydney. So... I've been cleaning and getting ready for tomorrow when we bring in a HOUSEKEEPER! Yeah yeah, the stay-home mommy and housewife shouldn't technically have one, but everyone deserves a little help every once in a while. The lady we're hiring is one of Louis's employees, who apparently cleans like a pro and wants extra hours of work. If all works out then we are going to hire her on a bi-monthly basis. I'm looking forward to her doing all of our deep cleaning that I've been putting off for some time (cleaning the fridge, mopping, baseboards, etc.).

Anyway, I am sad to announce that I am officially ready for a break from Disneyland. I'm looking forward to taking a break when I'm babysitting Sydney. Jeremiah and I went on Wednesday morning only to find tons of crowds. Apparently several private schools have the entire week off. It took us 20 min. just to get through the main gate, where you show your tickets or your pass. No joke. Since I didn't want to get back on the tram and go home without doing ANYTHING, we went on just a few rides- Peter Pan, Dumbo, It's a Small World and Winnie the Pooh (twice). And Jeremiah flirted shamelessly with Tigger. We left two hours later and had our first playdate with Nicole and Mariah (one week younger than Jeremiah) who live across the street from us. Louis put together Jeremiah's Step 2 wagon and we took the kiddos for a walk, and played outside with Jeremiah's slide and push toys. Those two are simply adorable together! I kid you not, Jeremiah acts totally different around her than with his buddy, Braden. It's like my little man is trying to strut his stuff and act all macho. To all you mommies out there- how do you handle the kiddos not sharing at this age? Taking toys from one another, etc. I know it's darn near impossible to expect 14 month olds to share their toys willingly, but how do you do it? Do you intervene when they take toys from one another or let them work it out?

Tomorrow will mark one week of Louis working from home. It certainly has been a treat seeing my husband more than we normally do, and having him around to play with Jeremiah and actually put him to bed! Jeremiah has completely fallen in love with his daddy the past two weeks, since we came back from Phoenix. All I hear from him is Daddy daddy daddy! I just love seeing the two of them interact with one another, whether he and Louis are wrestling, racing cars down his slide, or Louis is singing him a song before going to bed. However, with Louis being around more also comes the constant requests for sandwiches, drinks... and other things! I swear, all I hear when he has a break is "when does Jeremiah take a nap? Is it his naptime yet???" If you catch my drift. We have to work out some boundaries....

Anyway, I have a few things left to organize before Sandy comes tomorrow. Goodnight everyone!

No comments: