Thursday, February 5, 2009

Road Trip!

Tomorrow morning Jeremiah and I are off to Phoenix! Hopefully the rain wont' be too bad, and I especially hope that my grandmother will be true to her word and leave the driving up to my aunt and I. She is a very independent woman who prefers to do all the driving herself (especially since we will be taking her car; it's the most spacious of the three of our cars) and insists on doing most of the driving on road trips. To say that I"m terrified of my grandmother's driving is an understatement. I hate the stereotypes that elderly people are bad drivers, but this is such the case with my grandma. PLEASE PRAY!! We are leaving tomorrow morning around 10:30, hoping to get to Phoenix by 4:00 or so. We would leave earlier, but Mike and Stacy (my cousins that we are staying with and parents of Cheyenne,t he birthday girl) are working until around that time anyway. The rest of the family that is coming are flying out early in the evening. Smart people... but my grandma insists on driving to save money. If we weren't driving then I wouldn't be going. Cheyenne's 5th birthday party is on Saturday and we will be returning on Sunday. If it is raining on Saturday (which it is supposed to be) then the party will be moved from a local park to their brand new house (which we aren't staying at; barely anything is moved there yet and they haven't sold their old home yet). I am really looking forward to having all the kiddos around for Jeremiah to play with, including miss Sydney Anne, who is now 3 months old! I just pray that Jeremiah will be able to sleep alright in a playpen, and won't wake everyone up since we won't be having our own room. He still (once in a blue moon) wakes up around 1:00 a.m. for a sippy and then again between 5:30 and 6:00 a.m. for another sippy, and usually conks right back out, but since we're not at home you never know. I hate staying in other people's homes in situations like this because I hate being an inconvenience to anybody, and I hate maneuvering around other people's homes that I"m not used to being in. I still have yet to hear back from Stacy as to whether or not I need to bring my playpen and high chair or if they still have theirs left from the girls (their youngest being 2 1/2). Hoping that if I need to bring mine, there will be enough room in my grandma's trunk for those things plus our luggage. Oh and Jeremiah's lightweight stroller, and a few toys to occupy him. Mike and Stacy gave me and Rayna (Sydney's mom) all of the toys from their kids for ages 2 and under, so there wouldn't be anything for him to play with over there.

Yesterday we spent the whole day at Disneyland with my friend Melissa. Jeremiah did wonderfully, and had such fun on Pirates of the Carribean, Dumbo, and the Toy Story Mania ride. It was his first trip to California Adventure and he would NOT STOP LAUGHING during that last ride! It was great. I'm so amazed at how brave my little boy is. Pirates scared me so much at his age (okay up until 8th grade I admit I wouldn't go on it!) but with my lil guy- no fear. Chattering through the whole ride. It's precious. I think it's just going to be the two of us next Wednesday, and then the following week we will meet up again with Braden and Michelle.

Anyway there's much to do before tomorrow morning. Have a safe weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I never knew you were leaving comments on my blog. I am going to have to check on that more often! LOL I love reading your blog!