Monday, January 19, 2009

With apologies

To those faithful readers who do check in every day, I'm sorry I haven't been around much this past week. I have had a lot on my plate lately with helping my mom out at her shop, Jeremiah, pregnancy... and something else. I'm not broadcasting this all over Myspace or Facebook, but since I did mention on here that I was pregnant, I guess I have to announce that I had a miscarriage on Friday. No, it's not something I really want to talk about, but Louis and I are both doing alright (emotionally, or as alright as to be expected- we've come to terms with it but it's still sad) and I am doing okay physically, pending a trip to see my OB tomorrow. We are also looking forward to trying again sometime in the near future. Thank you to all of our family and friends who knew what was going on and were praying for us. We know that God has a plan for our family and feel very confident that our family is not done growing yet.

So, since I obviously didn't make it to Disneyland on Friday, (God had his hand in that one, too- I don't know what I would have done if I were alone at Disneyland with Jeremiah when my miscarriage happened!) I am going to try and take him one day this week. Rain is in the forecast for Wednesday and Thursday, but my mom thinks that it's not supposed to rain until the evening on Wed. Hopefully I will get our trip in during the morning; if not then Friday. And on Saturday, I have the pleasure of going bridesmaids dress shopping with my soon-to-be sister, Lindsey! All 7 of us bridesmaids are meeting with Lindsey at Davids Bridal to fight for (er.... graciously choose!) which dress we each want to wear for the wedding. All of us get to wear whatever dress we want, as long as it's floor length and in her choice of color, preferably with each of us wearing a different dress. Lindsey is truly a girl after my own heart- I had 8 bridesmaids, she had 7.

To be honest... I'm not really in the mood to blog tonight; I just noticed that I had a request for an update and I'm more than happy to oblige. Louis and I just got back from treating my parents and brother to dinner in honor of my dad's birthday (Happy birthday, dad!) at this wonderful Japanese restraunt, and as soon as I can pry him in from his cave, we are going to watch "The Secret Life of the American Teenager." Yes, he is still anxious to watch it every week, despite what he said before the season premire. Check back soon, and perhaps I will include some pictures! Those are highly overdue. Goodnight!

No comments: