Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My lack of judgement...

I'm kicking myself right now. Or at least as well as I can when I'm battling the flu. Last night I had horrible body aches, an upset stomach (but didn't throw up) and a fever. I woke up with a normal temperature and a body that, miraculously, felt whole and new. I decided to keep my playdate at Disneyland with Michelle and her son today. Boy, what a mistake.

We didn't even make it on one ride. We were just about to climb in the submarines to go on Finding Nemo, and I had to run out of line (with Jeremiah; I wasn't thinking enough to think to leave him with Michelle; although two 14 month olds is a ton of work with only two hands!), ran to the bathroom and got sick. Jer was in his stroller at the time, and even though we were in the disabled handicapped stall, he was still closer to me than I would have liked. On the way to the restroom, I ran into my brother's good friend (son of my mom's best friend) whom I haven't seen in years, and his adorable 3 1/2 year old son (whom I'd never met before). He must have thought I was nuts, pretty much just saying hi and bye to him while he was trying to get a "catch up" in.

Needless to say, we left Disneyland afterwards. I was well enough to go take my picture for my pass (since the line was out the door when I arrived- thankfully no line when I went back), and made it home in one piece, feeling better after my little incident. However, about an hour ago, Jeremiah woke up from a nap, screaming like a banshee, doubled over in pain. Louis just took him to the doctor's and I pray to God that he is able to be seen before they close. Otherwise- to the hospital. Jeremiah must have passed his stomach bug (see prior entry) onto me, and when I passed it back to him today he got it in a much stronger form. All this could have possibly been prevented had we stayed home today rather than go to Disneyland, and I could have gotten sick in the comfort of my own home, with him in his crib rather than two feet away. Although he might have gotten sick anyway because I can't resist kissing him all day long. I swear to God that if I hadn't felt one million percent better this morning and on my way to Disney that we, without a doubt would NOT have gone. now its all a mess and I feel like the worst (sick) mother in the world

No comments: