Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's Back!

American Idol was Jeremiah's favorite show last year. There were a few nights towards the end of the season (pre-crying it out days) where he would be up around 9:30 pm and would NOT go back to bed. An hour of watching American Idol on our projector did the trick! He was mesmerized; he LOVED the music, and went to sleep peacefully afterwards. Tonight is the premire and I"m watching it as I write this. I'm not personally a fan of the whole audition process; I like it when the competition gets serious, maybe around the final 8 or so.

Anyway, today I had my first official prenatal appointment. I met my new OB/GYN and I love her to pieces! She's so patient, takes her time to let me think about questions rather than rushing me in and out, and was a heck of a lot gentler with the initial internal examination than my other OB! She changed my due date by one day to September 4th. So far it's looking like our baby could be sharing a birthday with several people. My friend Ashmi's birthday is September 4th; my grandma Arlene's birthday was September 7, grandma Sally's birthday is Sept. 14, and my brother's birthday (and parent's anniversary!) is Sept. 15. Somewhere in the midst of all this is my uncle Ken's birthday, Lindsey's mother's birthday, and I believe her father shares Joe's birthday as well. All I had done today was the internal examination (pap), but I go back in 4 weeks to hopefully hear the heartbeat. My dr. didn't even try to listen for it today; I believe at 6.5 weeks it is still too early.

I'm still hungry (more like famished!) nearly all day long. I don't want to use pregnancy as an excuse to eat like a pig, so I've been making sure I'm just eating regular meals with a few small snacks and plenty of fluids. I'm way hungrier this time around than I was with Jeremiah. Tomorrow I'm going to Trader Joe's to stock up on lots of yummy (and healthy) pregnancy snacks.

And on Friday... I'm getting my very first Disneyland pass! I was debating on whether or not to get it any more once I found out I was pregnant, but it dawned on me that this will be my last time to get one for a while. I don't want to take a newborn to Disneyland with a two year old (next year!), and not only will walking around Disneyland provide me with lots of exersize, it will be a good way for Jeremiah and I to have some really good quality time before he becomes a big brother. And bond even more with his buddy, Braden! I'm so glad Michelle has a pass as well; we're going to have the most awesome playdates. Louis refuses to get a pass... and is pretty against me getting one, but I'm putting my foot down on it =)

Anyway, back to American Idol. Goodnight and thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Cara said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! Having 2 close together really has been a lot of fun so far :)

Melissa Vossler said...

Your due date is my wedding anniversary - what a lovely day to be born :) Glad to hear you are feeling well. Wish I were still a So Cal resident...we could have been Disneyland pals as well. Our passes expired this past November. So sad!

Anonymous said...

September will be a crazy but VERY exciting month! I marked your due date down in my calendar, and I am so excited for you!! I get to be an auntie again! (this time it will be official from the beginning) By the way, the initial casting for American Idol is probably my favorite part, Joe and I watched it last night, and it was very entertaining

Anonymous said...

you need to update more...it's boring to check everyday with no new blogs...just letting you know.