Monday, January 5, 2009

New TV tonight, yeah!

Last summer there was nothing good on TV. Nothing. Thus, I resorted to watching two shows that, under normal circumstances, I would not waste my time with.

Show #1- The Bachelor(ette)
Previously I had not watched the show for more than an episode or two per season, usually right around the finale time. I thought it was pointless and lame. However, once all the good shows ended (American Idol, Survivor, Law and Order SVU), Marissa convinced me to watch the Bachelorette with her. I admit it, I was hooked. We even threw a party for the two of us the night of the finale. Tonight the show starts up again, with the guy pictured above (Jason, the rejected bachelor from this summer's "Bachelorette," my personal favorite!) as the new Bachelor. Marissa isn't able to come over tonight to watch the two hour premire with me, so she is coming over tomorrow night. Lemon herb roast chicken, mashed potatoes, broccoli, and a wonderful friend that I haven't seen since the beginning of December- should make for a great evening!

Show #2: "The Secret Life of the American Teenager"
Another show that, had there been no other options, I would not have previously wasted my time with. A high school drama involving a freshman getting pregnant after a one night stand, meeting a new guy and falling in love, having loser friends and a cheating father. Why would I, someone that has been out of college for nearly 8 years, and is happily married with a perfectly legitimate baby of my own, watch this? After one episode I was hooked. As was my husband, who happened to be in the room with me when I turned it on. (This was a major shock to me!) We spent the summer counting down to "Secret Life" night and now it's coming back again tonight. ABC Family was running a marathon yesterday of Season One, and Louis claims that this show was way lamer than he remembered and wants nothing to do with it now, but we'll see what happens =)

Tomorrow one of Louis's high school best friends is moving back out to southern California from Denver. The last time we saw him was 2 1/2 years ago when we went to Denver for Shiloh and Ryan's wedding. I believe that was the only time Louis has seen Mando since their graduation in 2000, because Mando joined the military not too long after graduation, and moved to Denver following his (less than honorable) discharge. He's beyond excited to have his friend back, and I believe all of their old group are going bar hopping on Friday night. That just means I get to have a girls night =)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Ok so I never really thought much of the Secret Life of the American Teenager, however after reading your blog post and watching the whole first episode, im hooked. Too bad I dont have cable. Dont tell me what happens in the new season. Hope all is well on your end! :)