Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We Made It!!!


Yes folks, Jeremiah and I finally made it to Disneyland today! I am (almost) the proud first-time owner of a Disneyland pass. Almost? How does that work? Well, it just so happens that when I went to pay for my pass today, I realized that my poor debit card was sitting at home, by my computer, having just paid some bills online. However, thanks to miraculously having enough cash on me to purchase a two-fer ticket (where you visit one park one day and go to the other park for free next time, within a month) and some new policies (which I still don't understand completely), I am able to put the $ I paid for my two-fer ticket towards my season pass when I return to go to California Adventure. The only loss from today was the $ I paid for parking. Had I been able to pay for my season pass today, the $12 (yes $12- it costs more to park your car at Disney than to watch a movie!) I paid for parking would have gone towards my parking pass. Now I have to pay for it again. A small price for absentmindedness.

I woke up around 6:00 this morning, after Jeremiah's first morning sippy (where he goes back to bed for another hour or so) and scoured the weather reports on the news and online. It appeared that the rain that was supposed to come around noon was going to hold off until 3:00 minimum. I really (and I mean REALLY) wanted to get out of the house today (and go to Disneyland!) so I decided to arrive at Disneyland around an hour before it opened (which was 10:00) so that I'd have enough time to purchase my pass and get a few hours in before possible sprinkles hit. It couldn't have worked out better. We had less than 5 minutes of rain the whole time I was there, and when I decided that we did enough Disneyland for the day, it was still warm and semi-cloudy. The gush of rain has yet to fall. God is Good!!

Needless to say, Jeremiah and I had a wonderful time today. The only difficult part about braving Disneyland by yourself with a 13 1/2 month old is getting on and off the merry go round. I was rather leery of having Jeremiah sit by himself on it, even if I was holding him while I stood, so we had to ride together. It was quite difficult to get on and off the darn horse but I did. Twice. The crowds weren't horrible; we went on tons of rides, some twice. The only ride we didn't make it on that I wanted to was Nemo; the line was nearly half an hour long by the time we made it over there. I really feel that Jeremiah and I made up for all the lost time between us from the past few weeks of chaos and sadness. We were with each other the whole day, and if he wasn't in his stroller he was in my arms. I love that little guy so much. We had a ball. His favorite ride this time was Dumbo and his favorite character was Tigger. I can't wait to take him back; Michelle and I might take the boys next week. If not... well I'm going to take Jeremiah myself again! I really want to make the most out of the slower season before it gets crowded with spring breakers and summer vacationers. Besides, I"m definitely not a fan of going to theme parks in extreme heat conditions. This weather was perfect. Enjoy some photos of today!
Dumbo
TeacupsJer Jer and Mommy
Tigger

Jeremiah made some new friends

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin I am so happy that you finally made it to Disneyland! You really needed a bit of a vacation and some special time with your little guy. I am very excited about shopping on Saturday, both about getting all the girls together to meet each other, and about seeing all the dresses my beautiful bridesmaids will be wearing on the big day!