Friday, January 30, 2009

No more flu

This is going to be short tonight.

My flu is FINALLY gone. Finally. And Jeremiah is just fine, too. Whatever was the matter with him on Wednesday when he woke up from his nap disappeared as soon as Louis strapped him into his car seat to go see the dr. He was all smiles and laughs (until the examination of course) and did not have a fever or exhibit flu-like symptoms, but the dr. prescribed some medicine, just in case (and said I could take it too! But in a larger dosage of course). Today was the first day I have felt well since Tuesday. I'm so grateful that my brother babysat, without Lindsey, yesterday for me so I could get well! Not that I am happy that Lindsey was not there; I'm just trying to emphasize what a feat this was for Joe. Jeremiah worships his Uncle Joe, but Uncle Joe has never technically been left alone with him before. Yesterday Joe managed to not only diaper my son (a first), feed him lunch (only one container of stage 2 but what can you do) and PUT HIM DOWN FOR A NAP (I was worried about this one b/c Jeremiah hates the crib at my mom's house!) but they also had some other secret, hysterical adventures that I'm sure none of us will ever know about. My mom came home to find the two of them hanging out in the garage. Oh I wish I could have sneaked a peek. When it was time for Joe to leave for work my mom closed shop and took over. God bless my family. I felt so lazy staying in bed or on the couch all day, watching Juno a total of 3 times yesterday (but only being awake for one of those times) on HBO, among other things. But the day of rest was well worth it. Praise God I am well!

I also wanted to say hi to Theresa, Joe and Lindsey's friend from church and the mother of Levi, Jeremiah's co-ring bearer for the big day. Thanks for reading!

Anyway, my sweet husband just walked in with Subway so we are going to eat and call it a night =)

No comments: