Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Exhausted

I have had absolutely no motivation to blog lately. To my faithful readers- I'm sorry! I don't know what it is about the past week and a half of babysitting Sydney but I am more exhausted than normal- which, considering Sydney's grandma wanted to watch her two days last week I am surprised at. Although... a teething six month old and a genious toddler who has recently learned how to turn the doorknobs to open the doors is enough to make anyone want to take a nap! But alas, I'm forcing myself to write right now, because I know how frustrating it is to constantly tune into your favorite blogs and not seeing an update for what seems like ages!

The countdown is officially on for my brother and Lindsey's wedding! 18 more days until I gain a sister! I'm hosting Lindsey's lingerie shower on Friday (if I get more positive RSVP's than just her mother!) and am looking forward to it =) Another thing I"m excited about- I put an ad on Craigslist expressing my need for a suit for Jeremiah (he's one of the ring bearers!) because I didn't exactly want to fork out lots of $$ for a suit for him that he would be wearing once. Someone emailed me back today saying that she would sell me her son's brand new tux, in Jeremiah's size, for only $10! Her son wore it once for her wedding. Now if only I can lose a few pounds so I can zip up my bridesmaids dress I"ll be a happy camper....

The week after Joe's wedding Louis and I are going to Vegas for another wedding! I'm sooo excited- especially since it will be a mommy and daddy only affair =) Jeremiah will be staying with his Grandma Bertha. We will be gone for 3 nights, leaving Thurs. May 28th after Louis is done working so that we will be in Vegas friday morning for him to work (yes the laptop has to come again). I don't mind though because while he's working I"m hitting the pool! Because we're getting to Vegas late on Thurs night we're going to stay at a Motel 6 that night and then Friday morning we're off to the LUXOR!! I've never stayed there, but have always wanted to, and it's Louis's favorite.

I've been doing a lot of cooking lately. On Saturday I made ranch chicken, one of the many things that Louis's aunt cooked for us in PA =) Sooo easy- dunk your chicken pieces (we use breast tenderloins at our house) in ranch dressing, and then again in unseasoned bread crumbs, and bake at 350 for 40 min. YUM! Then last night I made taco soup for the first time- another amazingly simple recipe. The most difficult part of that recipe is browning the ground turkey and shredding the cheese. Everything else- just open up cans of lots of goodies and boil! Louis has definitely been enjoying all of these new treats coming out of our kitchen, and I have to say that I am enjoying it as well. Hence the need for me to shed a few pounds.

Jeremiah is growing by leaps and bounds. When we were on our trip his level of chatter has exploded. Before he carefully chose if and when he would want to speak- now it's all day every day! Most of it is still babble but he is trying so hard to talk! Precious. Plus there's his new found hobby of opening doors with the door knobs, which is making us double our babyproofing and supervision. He loves to color, and his appetite is growing also. He is still primarily on stage 2 and stage 3 baby food but is starting to show a slight bigger interest in "big people" food- animal crackers, bannanas, and granola in addition to his bread, crackers, cream of wheat and cheese.

Once again I apologize for the lack of blogs as of late, and for how boring this post turned out to be. I'm kind of in a bit of a blogging rut- there is just so much going on right now that the mere thought of blogging just exhausts me! Show my blog some love though and I promise, if you do that I will blog more!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

You sound way busy!

This was kind of a fun post, though, with all of the Jeremiah updates.

Also, Jess AND my family in CA make taco soup, and they're constantly talking about how good it is. You make it too?! I have got to try this stuff.

Anonymous said...

...so are you done blogging? I'll stop checking if yes. It's really boring checking a blog that is never updated.