Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Recovering


We are very exhausted here in the Castillo household. Jeremiah an I especially have been going nonstop for the past week. We spent the day at Disneyland last Wednesday, which is tiring in itself, and then my car broke down on the freeway just a few exits before we arrived home. By the time my dad, CHP, AAA and Louis arrived to come and get me( thankfully I was able to get over to a shoulder!) and we got home it was nearly 10:00, almost 3 hours past my son's bedtime. Then, my grandma picked up Jeremiah and I early the next morning to take us to my parents house, where we stayed until Sunday night. Louis joind us on Friday. I worked for my mom Thursday afternoon, then got my pedicure and manicure w/ my mom. Friday was lots of running around plus the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. The rehearsal was supposed to start at 5:30 but didn't begin til nearly an hour later. As for the dinner? We didn't get out until nearly 10:00. One of teh bridesmaids totalled her car on the way from the rehearsal to the dinner (thank God she's okay) so everything ran way late because of that>
Saturday- wedding! My mom and I had our hair appt bright and early at 9:00 am and were nonstop busy the rest of the day. The wedding ended around 7:30 pm, and Louis, Marissa and I went to an afterparty at one of my brother's friend's houses (another Luis). It was very strange partying with my brother's friends without him there,, and seeing my brother being replaced with my husband in their circle of friends, but we all had a great time playing beer pong, flip cup and eating pizza. We're planning on getting together regularly to hang out until Luis winds up God knows where playing minor league baseball, and whenever Daniel's 4 year old son is in town from Seattle we are going to get our kids together.

Sunday- my cousin Paul very generouslly offered to lend us his Lexxus until our car gets fixed (the engine and transmission are shot). Before picking up the car in Huntington Beach, my dad took Louis and I to Long Beach to pick up my brother's tux and Lindsey's dress and return the tuxes. We didn't get home until 8:30 and believe me- it was GREAT to be home! And I absolutely love driving the Lexxus- I am not looking forward to having to give it back.

But just as we're starting to settle back into a somewhat normal routine, we're going to be on the go again this Thursday! Louis and I are going to Vegas Thursday night for the weekend for the wedding of a distant relative. We are driving my grandmother and staying at Motel 6 on Thursday night since we're going to arrive late (leaving after work), then Louis and i are at the Luxor til Sunday! I've never stayed there before and can't wait. I have to admit that I was really looking forward to some alone time Friday afternoon while Louis is working, but my grandma is goign to be tagging along with me to the pool. She's staying with my aunt at the Excalibur, and since the room is in my aunt's name she can't check in until she arrives. Oh well... I love my grandma and can't exactly tell her to go shopping so I can tan and read! Jeremiah will be staying with Louis's mom Thursday and Friday night and with my mom Saturday night. I hate to leave him but know that Louis and I really need some alone time- one of teh reasons we're staying at a different hotel than the majority of the relatives attending the wedding and one of the reasons we're even attending this wedding in the first place! We just need to get away, the two of us and no kidlets. The wedding is going to be at the Mandalay Bay and Louis is going t be singing and DJing. I cant' wait!

1 comment:

Karen Beth said...

I hope you have an awesome time in Vegas! The Luxor is beautiful and a great choice. Don't feel guilty about leaving the kiddo at home this weekend. Have fun with your husband and family!