Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!


I am so happy that this little boy made me a mommy! This picture was taken in Phoenix at the Phoenix zoo, where they have this amazing fountain area for kiddos to splash in and get wet. Jeremiah LOVED IT! And I love him... oh so very much. I really do think he knows that it is a special day today. My little man is a very busy boy who spends more time exploring and playing than giving hugs and kisses (kisses are VERY VERY rare) but today he's been SO affectionate. Yesterday he spent the day with Daddy while I had a girls day out- having a very fast lunch with my gals, then we went to Paul Mitchell beauty school in Costa Mesa to get our hair cut and colored. I was gone for a good 7 or 8 hours- and when I came home he was thrilled to pieces and would not leave my side. Now, Daddy has been his "favorite" lately- everything is all "di di dada daddy daddy daddy!" all day until he comes home and plays with him. So it was very sweet and much appreciated that wanted all the attention from me when I set foot in the door =) I LOVE HIM!

I also love sleeping in. You may not think sleeping in til 9:00 is really considered "sleeping in," but when you wake up at 5:30 most mornings to babysit, and your toddler wakes up at 6:15 on the dot- 9:00 is like sleeping til noon. Louis got up with Jeremiah so I could stay in bed, and when I got up they gave me the cutest card and a Barnes and Nobles gift card! B&N.com is my new obsession. There isn't a borders or a barnes and nobles anywhere near my house so I love shopping online- especially when orders over $25 get free shipping. I'm really into collecting cookbooks lately- I think my Grandma Arlene's genes are kicking in because she had quite the collection herself. Then, in an hour we are leaving for a nice champagne brunch at the Sheraton hotel in Pomona. We took my mom there one year and I loved it. Afterwards, we are going to see my mom and then my mother in law. Busy busy day.

To answer the anonymous blogger if I"m done blogging- I"m not. I have a 3 1/2 week break from babysitting so I will have way more time and energy to blog. I usually blog during Jeremiah's naptime, which is usually when Sydney takes her main nap too, but for the past two weeks she wouldn't fall asleep until right before he woke up. And come the end of the day, like I said in my last post I was way too tired. I'm back.

Happy Mothers Day to all the wonderful mommies out there!

No comments: