Saturday, March 7, 2009

Oh what a week!

Finally the weekend again! I apologize for my lack of blogs as of late, but as you could probably tell from my previous entry, I have a little bit more on my plate than time allows for blogging. As I write this, I am parked outside on my front lawn, having a yard sale. I started lugging things outside around 7 am in the freezing cold, and by 8 am (the official start time I put on craigslist) I had quite the crowd. Things that I never thought would move (such as my "reject" dvds), baby blankets and bibs, stuffed animals and some of my old dishes from college- GONE. Or mostly gone that is. My biggest sellers seem to be my boxes full of old teacher prizes- brand new packages of character pencils, little toys and stuff that I bouoght on clearance from Target for a quarter back in the day- selling them two for $1, pushing them as Easter Basket stuffers. Out of two huge boxes I'm down to one. Right now I have about $100 more in my pockets than I had before ($20 of those dollars being in quarters!) Yes some lady paid in all quarters. That's okay though- all of our change goes into this huge water jug for Jeremiah's future college fund, so it's forcing us to save that money rather than spend it at the Steak Corral tonight or Target next week. Yard sales are a huge thing around here- people have them all the time. Lots of people buy things to send to family in Mexico. I am determined to stay out here until 2:00, or until one of my Craigslist customers comes to pick up some things I set aside for her this week. I LOVE selling things on Craigslist!

This week with Sydney has been a little easier. We have our routine down, I know most of her cues and signals, and Jeremiah has been a bit better with her around. Also, Rayna had a sweet surprise for me on Thursday- my auntie Anne, Sydney's grandma, wanted to babysit her on Friday (and a few other fridays coming up too!) so my weekend got to start a day early. I adore unexpected surprises! Since we are still with one car for the next week (I HATE CAR REPAIRS!!!) I had Louis drop Jeremiah and me off at my mom's house at 8:00 am yesterday. I worked for my mom for a few hours,a nd then she let me use her car while I ran errands w/ Jeremiah. We went to Target and to get his hair cut. I took him to the salon I worked at in college and BOY did he kick and scream!!! his haircut is a teeny bit jagged because of it but at least it's short again. 4 months later. Louis has been saying he would be the one to take him as af ather/son outing but never got around to it. After this very difficult experience I am more inclined to wait for Louis next time!! In retaliation I cut Jeremiah's bangs on Tuesday b/c I was sick of seeing them in his face, figuring the stylist could fix whatever came up crooked. I wish I got a picture of that- his tiny bangs and SHAGGY head of hair! Oh well at least he's presentable now. Jeremiah and I stayed until nearly 10:00 at night. I put him in his pjs and in his crib for bed around 8:00 and he was out like a light. I love how he has his own room there.

The reason Jeremiah and i stayed so late at my parents is because, once again, we didn't get notified of (or invited to!) Louis's uncle Victor's birthday dinner until 20 min. before the event started. I feel so badlyl for Victor- he's an amazing guy and his children do not take the courtesy to invite people in advance! The rest of Louis's family has picked up on that habit as well. I am sick of having to drop everything I am doing and go to a family function just b/c people didn't take the time to notify you in advance. I swear a day or two would be more than an improvement. But yeah with Friday traffic and everything Louis woudln't have had time to come get us- and it was too late for Jeremiah to go to the cheesecake factory anyway. Taking him to a BUSY restraunt on a Friday night, 45 min before his bedtime is a major no no. So my mom and I went shopping while my dad played w/ Jer, then came home for a gourmet dinner of hot dogs and pork and beans! YUM. Sometimes its the comfort foods that taste the best, ya know? Then after we put Jeremiah to bed we watched Hells Kitchen with my dad. I love how irrascible Chef Ramsey can be.

I decided that Jeremiah needed a pick-me-up on Tuesday and took him to California Adventure to watch the Pjxar Play Parade after Sydney left. We met up with m y friend Melissa and her husband, who were there celebrating their anniversary. Jeremiah lit up as soon as we pulled into the parking structure and he saw me take out his stroller. I"m telling you- these fast evening trips are so much more enjoyable for me!! I don't bother with his bulky stroller or diaper bag; just the lightweight fold-up one and a backpack with two diapers, PJs and his dinner (and Goldfish. Never go without the goldfish). After the parade, we went on Its a Small World (which he lit up again when we walked up to the line! I love how he remembers), hit the Pizza Port for dinner, and said goodbye afterwards to my friends. Stopped at the baby care center to change and went home! Since I didn't have the huge stroller we took the tram, which is a luxury for us. I normally don't bother and just walk through Downtown Disney to the entrance if Louis isn't with me. Speaking of Louis... we're leaving Jeremiah w/ my mom next Sunday so Louis and I can go for my birthday! Louis's gpa will get him in for free, and we will have the day to ourselves to go on all MY favorite rides- no more kiddy rides! I"m immensly looking forward to it.

Well that's about all for now. Thanks for reading and check back soon- I will make a point of updating more!!

No comments: