Monday, March 9, 2009

Boo

I hate David's Bridal. I wasn't thrilled with them when I worked with them for the bridesmaids dresses for my wedding. I gave them business for 11 (yes 11!) girls- 8 bridesmaids and 3 junior bridesmaids. Did my gals get any sort of discount? NO. I didn't order my dress through them . Plus, they ended up screwing up some of the junior bridesmaids accessories, and were rather rude to my 12 year old cousin, who was too big for the junior bridesmaids dresses.

However, I was rather excited with the cute dress that Stephanie and I wound up choosing for my brother and Lindsey's wedding. The 6 regular bridesmaids paired up in twos to choose a dress, and the maid of honor has her own dress. The dress was very classy, fit perfectly without needing alterations, and the price was perfect. We were told that my dress would take 6 weeks to deliver, so in January we had PLENTY of time to order it. I waited until today to order it because I knew I would have extra spending money from babysitting. Its still around 11 weeks til the wedding, and I didn't need any alterations so no problem.

Except that David's Bridal lied.

My dress apparently is a 12 week dress, ordered from overseas. Which would arrive roughly the first week of June. Not by May 23.

I'm pissed.

So now Stephanie, Lindsey and I have to find a time to all get together and go to David's Bridal (by Ontario Mills. An hour from my house). Find another dress that both of us agree on, that isn't one of the other bridesmaids choices. And, more likely than not, fork out more $$ than we were planning on. At least Stephanie hadn't ordered her dress already, too. Then things would really be messed up as far as the pairs of dresses going!

Lindsey and Joe are going to give David's Bridal a piece of their mind.

I hope those bridal consultants are prepared to take them on!

In other news... I made a grand total of $12 at my yard sale on Sunday. I closed shop up around 11:30, getting tired of waiting for non-existant customers. I also have had a terrible bachache since Friday, barely able to walk or lift Jeremiah. I mostly walked like Quasimoto, the Hunchback of Notre Damne over the weekend. I'm fine if I'm sitting down or laying down, and I can walk short distances- but can't be on my feet too much. I cancelled my babysitting for Sydney today. Luckily Sydney's grandma doesn't work Mondays, either, and was happy to have her again. But thank goodness my bachache is now 90% gone.

I'm hoping to take Jeremiah to Disneyland tomorrow after Rayna picks up Sydney. We STILL only have one car (!!) and I hope Louis will be able to lend me the car in the afternoon. I just need to get out of the house, and I know Jeremiah does too.

2 comments:

Cara said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your back! And I am not a fan of David's Bridal either. We started there when I was wedding dress shopping & had horrible, horrible service. Yikes. If you make it to DL tomorrow, have fun! We lived in/around LA for 8 years when I was younger & I can't even count the number of times we went. I'd love to take the kids some day & see how much it's changed!

Emily said...

What a hassle!

That's awful.