Friday, March 13, 2009

I KNEW He Was A Puppy!

I call Jeremiah my little puppy on occasion. He is very frisky, curious, and loves to investigate. He has no problem eating cheerios or goldfish that he finds on the floor, and LOVES drinking the water in the bath tub, puppy style. Balls are a favorite toy of his... as is his new child harness- aka THE TODDLER LEASH.

Louis wanted to register for one when we were creating our baby registry. However, at the time I flat out refused. I thought they seemed cruel, confining, and lazy on the part of the parents. I mean, shouldn't you just teach your child to hold your hand and stay put?

And then Disneyland happened.

Now that Jeremiah is walking, he is no longer content being cooped up in his stroller or in my arms for hours on end. As big and crowded of a place that Disneyland is, I refuse to let him walk by himself, unassisted, especially since he does not obey "Come here NOW!" or hold my hand. Plus, with me being half an inch shy of 6 feet tall, I'd have to walk like Quasimoto just to hold his hand (if he were to let me, which he doesn't.). So, following the advice of my neighbor Nicole (Mariah's mommy- Jeremiah's little playmate and "girlfriend") I went to Target and invested $12 in this:


An Eddie Bauer child harness!

The look in Jeremiah's eyes when he realized that he was given a taste of "Freedom" on Wednesday at Disneyland was priceless. If he had stood still for two seconds I would have been able to get a picture! They all came out way too blurry to even bother saving. I think it's safe to say that exploring has officially topped going on Dumbo and It's a Small World, his two favorites. And it was worth every penny. It is not something that I will be using on a daily basis or for every outing, just to huge places like Disneyland and the airport. Places where there are mass crowds that we will be at for longer periods of time and he will need to stretch his legs.

Now we just need to teach him not to eat pieces of food that he finds on the ground at Disney!!

Your thoughts/experiences on child harnesses?

1 comment:

Melissa Vossler said...

First of all, I had NO idea you were that tall!!! I always thought Luis was short :)

Second, Lucas has the monkey harness and it was my saving grace at Disneyland. He wore it all the time.

Third, I just love your blog!!!