Saturday, March 14, 2009

He's been gone 10 minutes...

... and I miss him like CRAZY. Jeremiah, that is!

Tonight we celebrated my birthday with my family (a day early! ) so that tomorrow Louis and I could go to Disneyland, just the two of us. We had a wonderful evening of conversation and yummy dinner, followed by some amazing presents =) My parents took Jeremiah home with them, and he will be there until Monday morning when I go to work for my mother. (I have the next two weeks off from babysitting- sweet!!!). My parents left roughly 10 minutes ago... and the house feels so empty. I long for times of solitude when he is napping or in bed for the night, and count down until he gets babysat with earnest, when the time comes for him to be gone for a day or two- I MISS MY LIL GUY!!

Now, I"m not one of those mothers who refuses to go on trips without her children. My mother in law was like that, even going so far as to bring her kids on company cruises where children were explicitly NOT invited; spouses only. It was very rare that my husband and his sister were allowed to spend the night at their cousin's house or their grandmother's, if ever. Jeremiah has already had a handful of overnight trips to grandma and grandpa's house, for mine and Louis's anniversary last year, when I had my miscarriage, and a few other one-night trips. I love the time alone with my husband... but I find myself going into Jeremiah's room, playing with his toys after a while. The house isn't the same without him there. I can't wait to go on Splash Mountain tomorrow... and I REALLY can't wait for Monday morning when I can give my lil man a hug!

Anyway, my night is far from being over. Despite the fact that we are meeting Louis's grandfather at Disneyland at 9 am, Louis and I are going out to a club in Fullerton to celebrate his close friend Javi's birthday (Javi was our best man). Louis's grandpa is going to sign Louis into the park with his lifetime annual pass, which is good not only for him but 3 other people per visit. We aren't leaving our house for another hour- which means we'll get to the club by 11:00-ish. Javi and his friends won't be done eating their dinner at BJ's until shortly before that. Now, I'm no night owl (I'm ready for bed NOW in fact!), I hate clubs, I HATE dancing, and I hate spending tons of money on drinks. Oh, and I hate taking care of my husband when he drinks. And I hate driving late at night (I"m probably going to be the Designated driver). But, it's one of my husband's best friends (and one of his few friends that I really like!! Javi's awesome) so we have to go. Louis had me call up Marissa and invite her to come along, and she's more than willing. She likes this kind of thing, and usually keeps me company when Louis's friends have parties. I'm trying to be a good sport about things, because lets face it- my husband has spoiled me immensly yesterday and today with presents (a new set of Mac makeup yesterday- my first set everrrrrrrrrrrr and I love it! There's no going back to Maybelline now!) and a rather healthy Barnes and Nobles gift card. Plus he's taking me to Disneyland tomorrow, which he really doesn't like going to, especially on crowded days like it's probably going to be. So I have to do this for him- with the stipulation that we stay no more than an hour and a half! =)

I think it's safe to say that this birthday definitely tops my birthday last year. My grandma Arlene passed away 3 days before my birthday, and per my grandma's wishes of being buried on a weekend (because she hates imposing on people to take time off of work, and our pastor doesn't do funerals on Sundays for obvious reasons) we were left with having her funeral actually on THE DAY OF my birthday. Definitely the worst birthday ever. My grandpa Hector (mom's dad- Arlene was my dad's mom) passed away on teh same day as my Grandma Arlene, 7 years prior, but his funeral was the day AFTER my birthday. So it was a rough birthday but not as bad as last years.

So here's to 26 being an amazing year!!!

(Oh, and happy 28th birthay, Ryan! Wish we were there celebrating w/ you and Stephanie in Chi-town. Take care, cousin!!)

2 comments:

Cara said...

Happy Happy Birthday Erin! It sounds like Louis has spoiled you like crazy! Btw-I totally agreed with all of your "I hates" in your paragraph about going out! Enjoy your day :)

Emily said...

MAC is the best. Jess and I have had a couple chats about this over the past week, actually. It's like Photoshop for your face. And it lasts, so it's a better value than other department store makeups. (Talking to Jess I realized I've been wearing it for almost 9 years. Holy smokes, were we in high school that long ago?!)