Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cold Feet

Dear Lord,
Thank you for my wonderful husband! He keeps me warm at night and lets me warm up my cold feet on his legs. Please let him know that I don't mean to turn into a monster at night if the blankets happen to come off my feet... or even just one toe... I really have no control over this. Most likely I am still sleeping as I scream at him and steal the covers.
Amen.

It is FREEZING!!!! Even with our heater on I find myself shivering as I write this. It certainly doesn't make me motivated to wrap presents or make cookie dough to freeze for next week. I don't want to do ANYTHING but curl up in bed with my husband and place my icy toes on his warm legs. Because no matter how cold it is, my husband is always warm and toasty. Even if he's shivering he can always make me feel warm. Inside and out. I love my husband!

In other news....
A few weeks ago I installed a program on here that lets me track the location of the people that read my blog. Very cool tool in my opinion. I honestly have no clue who half of my readers are. I try to think "okay, which friend of mine lives in this city that just came up?" I guess half the fun of reading a blog is that you can anonymously be a reader and get to know somebody through their journals without ever having to meet (or talk) to them. I'm the first to admit that I like to peruse the bloglists of my blogging friends every once in a while, avid blogger that I am. I love to read. I love to read about other people's lives (especially those who are married and/or have children!). I love to get a perspective on somebody else's life/situation/etc. Thank you to those of you who faithfully read my blog, even if I have never met you before! I look forward to my bloglist getting longer and longer, so if you read my blog and have one of your own, please share! And comment. That's half the fun of having a blog is to see people respond to it. Anonymously or not, doesn't matter to me. I'm not one to beg and plead for Myspace comments. That I could care less about. Myspace isn't "real"; this is.

Just some food for thought!

2 comments:

Emily said...

My favorite thing to track used to be location, but now I rarely check that. My favorite things to track for like the past few months are 1) how many people visit, and 2) what words people search for on Google that then somehow lead them to my blog.

I love tracking keywords. A lot of times people find me because I wrote these lists a long time ago of things I was thankful for. A lot of people find me because of my blog posts about the show How I Met Your Mother, and a bunch of other stuff I've blogged about. The best ones though, are suuuuper random keyword searches. Like "how much english foot guard hats weigh" or "school canned food drive tax deductible" or "will i need to change into a hospital gown when donating plasma" Rannnndom.

It's also fun to see what websites link to you.

The site I use for all this nifty stuff is Google Analytics, which I've had basically forever and think is fantastic. So if you're not using that one and want to see a bunch of cool stuff, I totally recommend it.

Anonymous said...

tracking the location? That sounds interesting :) I haven't gotten to read in a while, but I am enjoying catching up while toasty warm in bed. I have to agree about the comments, I get so excited whensomeone comments on my journal, even if I don't write in it that day, I still go on almost every day to check for comments so by the way, thanks for your comments :)