Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hello October!

My favorite time of year is here! Just from glancing around at other people's blogs/facebook status, I gather that this is the favorite time of year for many. I looooooove the start of fall through Christmas. I'm not so crazy about New Years, and definitely not the cold dreariness of January-springtime. If it were not so gosh darn HOT right now I would be in hog heaven. On Saturday I'm going to send Jeremiah to my mother's house for the afternoon so that I can get my house spick and span, and decorate! This is something I've been especially looking forward to- getting out all my holiday gear. So far they have only made one appearance in 2006 after we first got married. Last year everything was in storage when we were living with Louis's mom, and then my mom and dad, waiting for Jeremiah to arrive and for our house to finally be tenant free. It's going to be like seeing old friends.

Another reason why I am DOUBLY glad that October is here is because that means that there will be a new member of our family! My cousin Paul and his wife Rayna are expecting their first daughter, little Sydney, in just two weeks time. In the past I have always been excited for a new member of the family. This time I'm downright ecstatic. Maybe it's because I have been through pregnancy, childbirth and motherhood this time around. I know exactly what Rayna is going through and what she can expect. Mommies have a common bond with one another. Or maybe it's because when Rayna goes back to work in January, I will be little Syndey's babysitter. Jeremiah will have a little cousin to play with and be very close with. I can't wait to see the two of them interact with one another. Or maybe it's because, being 10 years older, Paul has always been like a big brother to me, spoiling my brother and I rotten. Now it's my turn to spoil his child (and believe me, I went a tad nuts with baby shower presents!) It's the family joke that while Paul may be 10 years older than I am, I beat him to the altar (he got married in August 2007, me in July 2006), and last December to parenthood. I can't wait to get that phone call telling me that Rayna is in labor and finally get to meet this new precious bundle of joy!

I think I might have to stop into Starbucks today and get a gingerbread latte- not something I'm accustomed to doing, but it's definitely something "fall-ish."

No comments: