Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Deal of the day!!


This afternoon I was at Target with Jeremiah, in shock that not only Halloween and Thanksgiving things are up, but CHRISTMAS!! I went over to the DVD section, trying to decide which Christmas DVDs to add to our collection this year, when I saw the old Peanuts holiday cartoons- the Great Pumpkin, the Thanksgiving episode and the Christmas one. I really wanted to get at least one of them because Louis LOVES the Peanuts, especially Snoopy, and I enjoyed watching those cartoons as kids. Individually they cost $15 for one 25 minute episode.

I think not.

Then I came upon the boxed set of all three of those DVDs, which also included the soundtrack to the Christmas episode. The price tag underneath read $12.99.

It HAD to be wrong! How could one INDIVIDUAL episode cost more than the boxed set? I double checked to make sure that one of the sets was not incorrectly placed. Nope. The label coincided with the exact product. In a state of shock, I put one of the boxed sets into my cart.

The very first thing that I did when I went to check out was have the cashier verify the price. Of course it rang up as nearly $37. I asked her if she could check the price for me with electronics, and sure enough, Target made a boo boo. They typed out the WRONG price on the price tag, but it still rang up as the correct one! However, their mistake is my gain- the manager let me have it for $12.99!!!! Woohoo!!

I was so excited that I pulled out the Christmas soundtrack and listened to it all the way home :)

No comments: