Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another whirlwind weekend!

I swear it seems like Jeremiah and I never slow down enough to stop and smell the roses. Something is ALWAYS going on! This weekend isn't going to be any different. Here's our agenda:

Friday (tomorrow): My orchestra high school director has been with my alma matter, Walnut High School, for 25 years this year. The associate director organized a big alumni reunion for the Homecoming game, which is tomorrow, complete with alumni joining the current marching band in participating in the fight songs and field show. At first I wasn't going to go, because after looking at the RSVP list on Facebook, the majority of people going were in attendance long after I graduated, in addition to the fact that as a violinist I obviously wouldn't be playing. (Ironically enough though one of my friends went on to be a marching violinist at Yale! Not my cup of tea though). However, my friend Heidi, whom I haven't seen in over a year and a half, called me up and said she really wanted to go... so hence I'm going. We're going to bring Jeremiah until he gets fussy, and then my mom will pick him up. She lives really close to the school.

Saturday: My mom is having a fall open house at her shop from 9-5. I'm dropping Jeremiah off at my mom's house around 8:30 so my grandmother can babysit him, and work until around 1:30. Then we're off to Chino Hills for my friend Michelle's son Braden's first birthday. Braden is Jeremiah's favorite playmate =) Then back to my mom's we go, to drop Jeremiah off to spend the night there because a friend of Louis's family is getting married, and even though we personally didn't get an invitation, attendance is still mandatory. I HATE going to weddings for people I don't know! Especially since my MIL just included us on her invitation... Oh and the kicker- apparently that same day is my MIL's company picnic at Knotts, and I'm supposed to drop the earlier activities to attend. Umm... no... you didn't tell me the exact date until a few days ago and the open house and the birthday party were planned over a month ago. At least I get to sleep in a bit on Sunday!! This will be our second time leaving Jeremiah over night.

Sunday- picking Jeremiah up at my mom's around 10:00, then we're going to Jo Anns and Michaels to hit the fall sales (again...) this time with coupons =) I found Lindsey's birthday present at Jo Anns last time but it wasn't on sale, so now I can use my 50 percent coupon =) Other than that, not sure what we're doing besides relaxing at home with my darling husband.

Today is my cousin Rayna's due date! As of right now, little Sydney is staying put; but her doctor is talking about inducing in a few days or so if nothing happens. Keeping my fingers crossed that soon I'll be able to meet my little "niece!"

No comments: