Thursday, April 2, 2009

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N!

This post will have to be a quick post like my prior post, so hopefully I will get everything in that I was hoping to write about before Jeremiah and Sydney wake up from their naps =)

I suppose the most important thing to write about is that next Friday (Good Friday- April 10) Louis, Jeremiah and I will be taking our first vacation as a family of 3! We have a 6:30 am flight going from LAX to Washington, DC! We will be staying with my Uncle Ken and Aunt Jean in Virginia til Tuesday and then driving up to Carlisle, PA to stay with Louis's Aunt Martha and Uncle Phil! Virginia is one of my absolute favorite states that I have been to, and my trip back east 5 years ago with UCO was one of my favorite ones ever. Louis has never been to the east coast, so I can't wait to show him all my favorite Virginia and Washington, DC spots =) Marissa will be in VA as well the same time we are, visiting friends that live rather close to my uncle's house. We are planning on meeting up one day to go to Mt. Vernon or Williamsburg. We will be gone 8 days, coming back home Sat. the 18th. Our tickets are free standby tickets that I won on a CafeMom contest last year, so if you could pray that our flight reservations are able to be kept I'd really appreciate it! So far the flights we chose are rather empty but you never know what could happen in a matter of a week.

My laptop is currently broken. You think being married to a man that runs a computer business, it would be fixed by now- but no, Louis is quite busy fixing other ppls' computers, so I have to make do w/ using the desktop when he's not busy using it for work (hence what I'm doing right now).

Jeremiah had his first trip to the zoo on Monday w/ Jenni (roommate from APU) and myself. For being at the zoo most of the day he did quite well, and even got in a nice long nap =) I was very excited about this outing with him at first, but after half an hour there I came to the conclusion that the zoo is a good place for older toddlers- not 16 month olds. They can't really focus in on animals that aren't overly huge and hidden. He liked the zebra and the gorilla, but that's about it. He loved being able to explore when I took him out of his stroller,t hough =) It was awesome seeing Jen- and finding out that she's extending her stay til next Wed., so I will have another opportunity to see her before she goes back to Idaho!

Since Im going to VA I will not be going to visit Kappie and Steven in Sacramento. I was going to use our free tix to go see them, back when Louis didn't think he could take time off. Now that he is able to we want to take that bigger vacation instead. God is amazing- our tickets expire in a few weeks, and Louis's time off coincides perfectly with when we need to take our trip, along with my time off coming up from babysitting!!

Thats about all I have time for- I have a million other little things to do before the kids wake up from their nap. I'll update more with pics when I can!!!

PS: To the reader with the crock pot tamale recipe- I'd LOVE it!! Thank you so much! You can email it to me erin.e.castillo@gmail.com

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Its so sad...YOu and I will be on the same coast and we wont be able to see each other!

MamaErin said...

I agree!! Christmas can't come fast enough