Thursday, April 9, 2009

3:00 AM

  • That is the time my alarm clock went off this morning, much to my dismay, seeing as I didn't make it into bed until nearly 11:30. Right now I am sitting in the airport, waiting to board our flight (which leaves in an hour). God has been SOOOO amazing! We were able to get on our flight just fine (standby tix, remember?) AND... this is what I"m most excited about... Jeremiah doesn't have to sit in our lap after all! There are enough empty seats that allow us to strap him into his CAR SEAT!!! PRAISE JESUS!!!!

    Anyway, the shuttle picked us up this morning at 4:30 with two suitcases (one of them a backpack style suitcase), our stroller, playpen, carseat, back pack, duffel bag and lunch pail in tote. Oh yeah and Jeremiah's child harness. We couldn't forget that! . We got to the airport around 5:15, went through security and ate breakfast. Apparently Jeremiah's milk was a matter of national security because we had to get it inspected and tested. Our flight leaves at 8:15, has a stop in Las Vegas (that doesn't require us to get off of the plane) and we land in Baltimore tonight around 5:15 eastern time. We are staying in Baltimore tonight rather than put Jeremiah through an additional hour and a half car ride down to my aunt and uncle's house in Leesburg VA. I'm rather excited about our hotel... we're staying at a Motel 6 (we were going for cheap over comfort) but the one we booked is brand newly remodeled complete with a 32 inch plasma tv. Looks like we'll be watching Survivor tonight!

    We don't have too many firm plans yet as to what we are doing when, but we are staying in VA until Tuesday and are driving up to Carlisle PA Tuesday afternoon to stay with Louis's aunt and uncle. My amazing friend Marissa is going to be in VA as well, around half an hour away from us this weekend. We are planning to get together Monday and go to Mt. Vernon. I am looking forward to finally meeting her high school friends from when she lived in Germany. I have been hearing about them for the past 8 years since I met Marissa in college and it will be nice to finally put a face to the name.

    Please continue to keep us in your prayers for a solid flight booking on the way home! I swear these free tickets were a blessing but a stomach ache at the same time. I dont' know if I would fly with them again if given the opportunity. Have an amazing weekend and blessed Easter- I will update you as I can!!

1 comment:

Cara said...

Enjoy your vacation, Erin. This is a much deserved blessing for you & your family. I will pray for safe travels for you.
Cara