Saturday, January 16, 2010

Good news- I don't have any issues with my gallbladder or liver! The pain I've been having are because everything is extremely cramped right now, and my baby is pushing everything up into my ribs. The dr. said that because the pain is persistent all day long, rather than only after I eat, that I have "nothing to worry about." Well I guess that's good news... even though there's nothing I can do to make the pain go away! I suppose I'd rather be in pain all day long than receive medication for having a gallbladder or liver problem.

Today my mom and I are cooking up a storm so that my freezer will be nice and full of yummy things to eat when I come home from the hospital and don't feel like cooking. On the menu for today are: Spaghetti and meatballs (without the pasta- I"ll make that before I serve), chicken enchiladas, baked ziti, meatloaf, chicken brocolli and cheese casserole, and 15 bean soup. Lots of yummy things to eat so that I won't have to survive on Louis's cooking (aka constant take-out) until I'm back on my feet. I was rather spoiled last time when I had Jeremiah because Louis and I were (very temporarily until the tenants moved out of our house!) living with my parents, so pretty much I was waited on hand and foot by not only my loving husband but my parents and brother. My only job was to worry about recovering from my delivery and taking care of Jeremiah; all the cooking and cleaning was done by them, no questions asked =) This time around it will be our responsibility! Louis is going to take a week off of work after the baby comes and I'm so looking forward to it.

Tomorrow is 4 weeks til my due date!

No comments: