Sunday, March 14, 2010

Before I lose whatever readers I have...


I know I have been VERY absent lately. Lets face it, your priorities change BIG TIME when you have a new baby in the house. Whatever microscopic amount of free time I have is usually not spent at the computer- it's usually spent picking up the house or trying to scarf down a sandwich before one or both kids needs me. I do apologize!!

Baby Evy will be a month old on Tuesday. I can't believe how fast the time has flown- and how second nature it now seems to have two children to care for =) The first week of me being alone with both kids was TOUGH- especially considering we were having some work done in our back yard and jackhammers were going off for most of the afternoon. It turns out newborns do not like to nap (or stay happy) when big, loud machines are making tons of noise in their back yard. The second week was much easier, and now we're starting to develop a little bit of a routine! The "sleepless" nights aren't quite so sleepless- Evelynne is a pretty good night time baby. We all go to bed around 10:30, and usually she wakes up only two or three times to eat, and for the most part goes back to sleep as soon as she's finished her meal. We have been blessed! She is such a smiley, happy baby girl and is growing like crazy. And her big brother ADORES her. All day long all I hear is "Evy Evy Evy" and see him go to pat her head, give her a kiss or hold her hand. The jealousy has been minimal and is basically gone altogether.

I would love to write more, but Evy is due up from her nap any moment! I am working on writing out her birth story, so as soon as I have that finished I will post it on here, hopefully in a few days. Take care!! OH, and I didn't realize anonymous comments were turned off...I'm enabling them again. Show my blog some love, it's more fun to write when there is feedback!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you turned them back on! She is precious. Congrats :)